Friday 5 July 2013

To dare, or not to dare.


Sometimes in life, we feel the need to take a few risks. We get bored of our simple little lives and feel like we have to spice things up. That's when we dare to do things we thought we'd never dare and when we shamelessly say YOLO, even though we hate the word. Today was a perfect example of a day where I did things I never thought I'd have the guts for.  

Today was our last day of school, so a few people decided to go to school in our pajamas. Well, I went in my onesie. Did I stand out from the crowd? Heck yeah. Did people think I was weird? Probably, yes. But did I enjoy it? A lot! I thought it was hilarious and a lot of other people thought it was funny and cool, too. So do I regret it? Nope. Not at all.


I had been obsessing over dip-dyed hair for one and a half year, together with one of my best friends. But we never dared to actually do it ourselves. Today was different. We were in a very impulsive mood, so we went to the shops and picked up La Riché Directions hair dye. We couldn't wait to try it out, so we dyed our hair immediately after we came home. It was so exciting and I'm so happy with the outcome, that I wondered why I hadn't done it before! Only because I was too scared of what other people were going to think.

What I'm trying to say with this really deep piece of writing is, don't be scared to do the things you really want to do. Dance like no one's watching, dip-dye your hair and wear the sweater your grandmother gave you for Christmas, if you want to! There will always be people who are going to judge you, no matter what you do. Dare to live the life you wish to live.

Have a nice day!
XX ;)


3 comments:

  1. "Buy a onesie!" 0:)
    I love your hair so much, I wanna touch it!
    Like seriously... touch it :3
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you ^.^ On Sunday you can touch it :')

      Delete